The ruling People Power Party is set to appoint members of its innovation committee Thursday, four days after the surprise appointment of doctor Ihn Yohan of American descent as its chair.
Political watchers expect the committee to consist of members representing voters less favorable to the People Power Party, such as those from capital areas or young moderate voters, to reflect Ihn's pledge to promote national unity and change within the People Power Party.
The People Power Party began the formation of the innovation committee last week, in a bid to reform the party and gain back trust from voters following its crushing defeat in a local by-election in Seoul.
On Monday, it made the surprise decision to appoint Ihn as the committee's chairman.
The naturalized doctor has pledged to bring about huge changes to the People Power Party. (Yonhap)
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
- [Korea Beyond Korea] From history and K
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- Davichi to return with new single next month