Marking the first anniversary of the deadly Halloween crowd crush in Itaewon, some bereaved families of the victims, alongside local civic groups, held a demonstration on Saturday morning at Gwangju Park in Gwangju.
During the event, the demonstrators paid respect to the victims and called for the enactment of a special act enabling a comprehensive investigation into the Itaewon tragedy.
On October 29, 2022, the Saturday night ahead of Halloween, 158 died and many others were injured in a narrow alley near gate number one of Itaewon subway station, in the wake of a sudden surge of crowds in Itaewon, a party district in central Seoul.
- Korea to showcase advanced climate technologies at COP28 Dubai
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
- Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
- 김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
- [Herald Interview] Rising star conductor Klaus Makela to meet Korean audiences
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule